Friday, July 26, 2013

Crafting is cool.

My coworker's husband is a magical instrument fixer.  He buys broken guitars on ebay and fixes them to add to his collection.  We recently remembered we had an old banjo that had a bent neck and we gave it to him (which he'd fixed by the next day, oui).  He was so thankful for the banjo he'd been racking his brain since we'd given it to him as to something he could make that we'd enjoy.  We got this cool birdhouse on Monday, and we love it.  It matches an art installation from my brother in law that was given to us when we got engaged.



In my defense, we had expected two more people when I made dinner last night and then it ended up being only Matt and I. 

Grilled eggplant, golden zucchini, mushrooms, and onions.  I lightly sprayed them with coconut oil and sprinkled on salt and pepper before grilling them.

I served this with brown rice and the magical BBQ sauce I made on Sunday.  Yum. 

We were going out after dinner and I needed to get milk and tea from Publix so I decided to run to the grocery store before heading out for drinks.


I realized as I got to my car and tried to start it that my battery was dead. 

The sky over Seminole Heights was so lovely though. 



If you are going to get stuck with a dead battery, Publix ain't a bad place to be.  I had easy access to so many snacks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment